What we are good at
This is an AGREEMENT between Patti Ince, dba Bark N Lounge Pet Resort and the pet owner whose signature appears below (hereafter called “Owner”).
- Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding in effect on the date pet is checked in. Owner understands that their may be a surcharge in effect based upon weekend and/or holiday care. Since rates periodically fluctuate, current rates will be available at the time of the actual boarding.
- Owner further agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested. Special services include transportation of pet to and from Bark N Lounge Pet Resort, administration of medication/medical treatment, baths, nail clippings, “elite paw packages”, etc. Owner shall be responsible for providing Bark N Lounge with food, snacks, all required medical supplies, etc. for said Pet during the duration of the Pet Boarding. If said food, snacks, needed medical supplies etc. are not provided or are used up prior to the end of the boarding, Bark N Lounge Pet Resort will provide same, the costs of which shall be deemed “special services” and will be charged to Owner at time of pick up/drop off of said Pet.
- Owner agrees that pet shall not leave Bark N Lounge Pet Resort until all charges are paid by pet’s Owner.
- By signing this Agreement and leaving his/her pet with Bark N Lounge Pet Resort, Owner certifies that the information given about said pet as part of the Demographics page is correct and complete.
- Bark N Lounge Pet Resort owner and staff shall exercise reasonable care for the pet delivered by the Owner to it for boarding. It is expressly agreed by Owner that Bark N Lounge Pet Resort (as well as Patti Ince individually) liability shall in no event EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE CURRENT VALUE OF A PET OF THE SAME SPECIES OR THE SUM OF $300.00 PER ANIMAL BOARDED.
- Owner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said Pet while it is in the care of Bark N Lounge Pet Resort. Bark N Lounge does not assume and shall not be held responsible for any liability in this regard.
- Owner specifically represents to Bark N Lounge Pet Resort that the pet has not been exposed to rabies, parvo, leptospirosis, distemper or to any other contagious disease within the thirty day period prior to boarding. Owner further specifically represents that the pet is free of parasites as demonstrated by a recent stool sample submitted to a Licensed Veterinarian. Owner further represents that Pet’s vaccinations are current.
- If Owner’s pet is old and/or not in good health, the Owner must sign a waiver limiting the liability of Bark N Lounge Pet Resort. See paragraph 13 below.
- Owner understands and agrees that the pet is to be boarded in a residential home environment with other dogs and pets. Owner has fully inspected or has waived the right to inspect the facilities where the pet is to be boarded, including, but not limited to the acknowledging that there is a swimming pool on premises.
- Owner agrees to permit their pet to socialize with other pets but understands and agrees that to the extent appropriate, in the sole and complete discretion of Bark N Lounge Pet Resort, Owner’s pet may need to be segregated from other pets, either on a temporary basis or for the duration of the boarding.
- Owner understands and agrees to provide a secure cage/terrarium for birds, reptiles, small animals etc. to be boarded. Owner further agrees and understands that Bark N Lounge Pet Resort does not assume and shall not be held responsible for any liability as a result of harm/death of said Pet as a result of faulty and/or unsecure cage/terrarium.
- If the pet becomes ill or if the state of the pet’s health otherwise requires professional veterinary care in the sole and absolute discretion of Bark N Lounge Pet Resort. Bark N Lounge Pet Resort will make every reasonable effort to contact the Owner of his/her Agent, if applicable. To the extent, however, that the Owner and his/her Agent cannot be reached, Owner grants Bark N Lounge Pet Resort unconditional permission and authority to engage the service’s of Owner’s veterinarian if possible and/or appropriate given the totality of the circumstances surrounding the illness and/or emergency nature of the pet’s condition or, alternatively engage the services of another licensed veterinarian in their sole and absolute discretion. Similarly, if the condition of the pet warrants it, also in the sole and absolute discretion of Bark N Lounge Pet Resort, Owner grants Bark N Lounge Pet Resort unconditional permission and authority to administer medication or to provide any other requisite medical attention to the pet. In any and all of the above circumstances, Owner agrees to pay for all such expenses incurred whether or not specifically authorized by Owner.
- All charges for boarding and any additional services incurred by Owner shall be payable b/in cash, check, credit card, or through Venmo services at the completion of the Boarding.
- WAIVER OF KENNEL LIABILITY PERTAINING TO OLD PETS AND/OR PETS NOT IN GOOD HEALTH. Boarding a pet outside the pet’s home may, in some circumstances, be very stressful for a pet that is old or not in good health. Bark N Lounge Pet Resort shall do its best to care for your pet but it cannot be held responsible for the pet’s well-being or life in this situation.
- Owner specifically represents that they are the sole or joint owner of the pet to be boarded, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and all terms and conditions herein shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representative and assigns of the Owner and Bark N Lounge Pet Resort.
Payments accepted: Cash, Check (Made out to Bark N Lounge Pet Resort), Venmo ($5 service fee),
Credit Cards: Visa, MC, Discover, Amer. Exp (3% service fee)
I have reviewed this Agreement in its entirety. The information I have provided is a complete and accurate and I agree to all of the terms and conditions as set out above.
Owner Signature: ___________________________________ Date: ______________
Print Name: _______________________________________